Tuesday, December 1, 2015

WHY NARCISSISTS CHEAT...narcopaths cheat prolifically...here's why

What I say here applies to both sexes even if I mention only one...say a man, but it applies EQUALLY TO WOMEN.

This will explain what narcopaths are like and why they cheat, and needless to say, if either sounds familiar, you need to get far, far away from them.

All narcopaths this in common, that they USE PEOPLE like an object, for their own benefit. I've often written about the lack of empathy both have, and, well, you don't empathize with an object, do you? They don't recognize any importance to your feelings (except as they inconvenience themselves, or if you are a pain in the *ss). I have also said they treat their partners like sex toys, and that's because all people are like toys to them, to be used for their own pleasure and gratification, and disguarded without guilt.

They are after whatever makes them feel good NOW, not what's good or right. It's their own immediate gratification that's the gold standard for them, and that's YOUR purpose in life as far as they are concerned, so that's why they ruin lives, and why their values are never in line with yours, though they will con you into believing otherwise if they can.

The person you are/were with is a narcissist if he/she is something like this: They have a sense of being special, that people should recognize that, and they have a sense of entitlement to recognition and to worldly goods. Your purpose is to be a source of narcissistic supply, giving him/her what is needed, and if not, they are very disappointed/discontented, and they may get angry, upset, or passive- aggressive with you. A narcissist desperately needs to drain others of their approval and attention...which often, as we will see, leads them to cheat.

Narcopaths have the rough emotional life of a vampire, and they are like hunters, seeking who they can exploit and use, without any feelings of remorse, or any sense of ethics. Or, you might consider them to be like one of the people in the show about gold mining in Alaska....except, they are mining for what they want in people, and it has no more emotional content.

Some people mistakenly believe that narcopaths are in jail, or are killers, but that's a mistake. In fact, many are:

**Married with families

**Have extramarital/non monogamous relationships frequently, or compulsively

**They are skilled liars and manipulators, both to their spouse/SO, and to their affair partner. It's not unusual, as I said in a post about a guy I knew, for them to have the view, “My wife is married, but I'm not” when talking to same sex friends, and as I said, they may act married only when they are at home, and single when they are out and about. They may refer to their spouse as “the mother/father of my children”, and have stories about being split up from their ex but needing to live in the same house, but not sleeping with their wife. This is quite common.

**Have developed skills to evade detection, and some take extraordinary measures to avoid being caught. Never the less, some do get caught.

**If they are confronted with evidence or suspicion of cheating, whether obvious or circumstantial, they attack the person, expressing outrage, or calling the person crazy or paranoid, putting you on the defensive and never actually dealing with the problem....or they give very unsatisfactory answers that don't really work, but they demand that they be accepted with strong anger as a penalty if you don't.

Another thing I've often noted is that narcissistic cheaters have an amazing level of rationalization. Rationalization means mentally taking something you know is wrong or off base, and re-characterizing (reframing) it in a way that makes it seem much more acceptable, or even virtuous. Example: the guy I met who claimed that cheating was good for his marriage. This is an ACE rationalizer.

Narcopaths cheat because they can...they take what they want because they want them, and there is no moral issue involved as far as they are concerned. Since he recognizes no rules, there can be no violation and no wrong....the rules don't apply to him, and narcopaths are indifferent to the damage they do to innocent people.

To a narcopath, cheating is like a game where he maneuvers the woman into giving him what he wants and it has no special meaning to him, though he will do everything to make you think otherwise....they are consummate con men. You will notice that to a narcopath they are thinking by having sex with many others, “Hey, I've still got it, I'm good looking. I'm irresistible.”

All narcopaths have many things in common, as you see, but the thing that's most important is that they all wreak havoc and destruction on the lives of the innocent, and they only way to deal with them once you have discovered that they are this way is to get far, far away from them.....NO CONTACT, immediately and totally.






5 comments:

  1. Yes, Larry, that's exactly how mine was. If his needs weren't being met, he'd start an argument so that we weren't spending time together. He would often tell me "I'm not going to lie,I have women hitting on me all the time, but, because I love you....I turn them down. " we never went to have a drink together, or even to dinner. Looking back, I realize it was because he didn't want to run in to anyone he might be involved with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Larry, that's exactly how mine was. If his needs weren't being met, he'd start an argument so that we weren't spending time together. He would often tell me "I'm not going to lie,I have women hitting on me all the time, but, because I love you....I turn them down. " we never went to have a drink together, or even to dinner. Looking back, I realize it was because he didn't want to run in to anyone he might be involved with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Larry, they are ALL the same. The Narcopath I was involved with for eighteen months fit the 'living with my ex for financial reasons' category and in fact was divorced because of a $1.4 million dollar bankruptcy he caused. I know this because I MADE him show me divorce papers before I'd go on a date and he produced them. I later found out it was a total lie; they still live together and are 'married' because she has financial resources left and he is flat broke. I'm one year no contact, have outed him on a few cheater websites and now realize although I was a target and victim the really sad story here is the poor soul who lives with the monster. I feel sorrow for her as I'm healing; she's likely in for life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. After 25 years of marriage I discovered my husband goes to Vietnamese massage parlors. He acts like he is the cleanest most honest person on the planet. He always says how he hates liars. He is the biggest liar and hypocrite on the planet. He brought me home an STD and told me some BS story about how he got it. Then his friend's girlfriend sent a text one day telling him she know he cheats on his wife. How could I have been so stupid. Now my world crashes around me and I have these two beautiful kids whose lives are going to break apart because this dirt bag couldn't keep it in his pants.

    ReplyDelete