- Turns every conversation to him or herself.
- Expects you to meet his or her emotional needs but not vice versa.
- Is oblivious to the impact of his negative comments on you.
- Constantly criticizes or berates you and knows what is best for you and tells you what you should and should not feel.
- Focuses on blaming you or others instead of taking responsibility for his own behavior.
- Expects you to anticipate his every need.
- Is highly absorbed in his own hobbies, interests, to the point of ignoring your and your children's needs.
- Constantly seeks to be the center of attention.
- Inappropriately teases and ignores the hurt he causes.
- Refuses to acknowledge his own mistakes. Can’t handle criticism and uses anger to shut it down.
- Has an attitude of “anything you can do, I can do better.”
- Engages in one-upmanship to seem important.
- Acts in a seductive or flirtatious manner and pours on the charm when in public.
- Expects to be admired...may use false modesty to fish for compliments.
- Thinks he has to have latest, or the “biggest” and “best.”
- Very status oriented
- No sense of gratitude, but rather thinks YOU owe THEM.
- Fake persona, acts like the “perfect” person, husband, or father, to gain admiration.
- Threatens to abandon you if you don’t go along with what he wants. Lets you know you'd better cater to his sexual fantasies or he will find someone who will.
- Sees himself above the rules and doesn't expect to be penalized for not following them.
- Shames your feelings and calls you overly sensitive or touchy if you express feelings.
- Is unable to see things from any point of view other than his own.
- Wants to control what you do and say—tries to micromanage you.
- Attempts to make you feel stupid, helpless and inept when you do things on your own.
- Has poor insight
- Has shallow emotions and interests.
- Exploits others with lies and manipulations.
- Uses emotional blackmail to get what he wants.
- Engages in physical, psychological, or sexual
abuse....makes you feel used.
Thursday, September 10, 2015
NARCISSISTS AS THEY REALLY ARE...30 UGLY THINGS A NARCISSIST DOES
Here's what WE see when we detach and observe the narcissist closely. It's striking how fantasy prone a narcissist is and how self centered and self absorbed, and what a radical difference between how the narcissist sees themselves compared to how they really are. For example, the narcissist:
at 3:02 PM