Thursday, September 10, 2015

HE DISTORTED WAY NARCISSISTS SEE THEMSELVES


  • I am a very special person.
  • Since I am so superior, I am entitled to special treatment and privileges.
  • I don’t have to be bound by the rules that apply to other people.
  • It is very important to get recognition, praise, and admiration.
  • If others don’t respect my status, they should be punished.
  • Other people should satisfy my needs.
  • Other people should recognize how special I am.
  • It’s intolerable if I’m not accorded my due respect or don’t get what I’m entitled to.
  • Other people don’t deserve the admiration or riches that they get.
  • People have no right to criticize me.
  • No one’s needs should interfere with my own.
  • Since I am so talented, people should go out of their way to promote my career.
  • Only people as brilliant as I am understand me.
  • I have every reason to expect grand things.
According to the book “Cognitive Therapy of Personality Disorders” by Aaron T. Beck, Arthur Freeman, and associates.

No comments:

Post a Comment